Below you will find several resources to help with organizing on your campus and in your community.
For additional questions about starting a chapter, organizing events, or getting involved please email our team at
If you want to be a campus organizer or Student Peace Alliance Ambassador, please sign up here.
Campus Leaders Vital Resources:
1. The Peace Alliance is.
2. SPA One Pager.
3. So do I have to do it all myself? NO! Campus Team Roles
4. How do I get people to go to Timbuktu with us? Persuasion Sheet
5. Where does the journey start? Right here! And yes, you want to fill out this entire form right from the start, if you want to save tons of precious time, that is.
6. Wait a minute, you have a plan, right? SPA 2013 Detailed Plan *note draft will be completed by the end of January
7. Do I need a plan? Oh yes you do. If you like results and having a rock-star resume, at least. SPA Campus Plan Template *note we are happy to review those with students
8. Can you give me the secret code to organizing a magically crowded event? Sure, no problem.
SPA Project Plan Template
9. Huh, I need money.
We'll help you figure out how to raise it.
PS: We are familiar with SPA related seeds, not so much with car keys seeds or other seeds of that nature. Sorry, we just can't know it all.
10. How do I celebrate after an event? Debrief cocktail (legal of course), for sure.
11. How do I stay out of trouble? Three words: Fun. Monthly. Report.
12. What do I do when I feel blue? You pay a visit to Strategy Paper. And you call us.
13. How do I become an organizing Olympian? If we just met you, call us may be?
In any case, we suggest you train with ninjas and the wise: NOI University Videos
Peace Alliance Resources: 1. Outreach Materials 2. Organizing Tips
SPA Sample Constitutions (Revisions coming soon...)
Many schools, especially colleges, will require you to set up a constitution in order to start your chapter. Below is an example of a constitution that can serve as a guide for your chapter.
Chapter Manual (Revisions coming soon...)
For use by chapters with all levels of experience we have put together a Chapter Manual about organizing with Student Peace Alliance. Below you will be able to download the document in its entirety or section by section as you need it.
- Starting a SPA Chapter
- Leadership Development
- Meeting Logistics
- Political Actions
- Community Peacebuilding
- Event Planning
- Social Networking
When working on events or campaigns at your school we recommend outreaching to local media, whether its the town newspaper, your school newspaper or a magazine. Below is a media packet for any events or actions you take on Youth PROMISE Act. Be sure to replace the first page with your own press release! For any questions regarding media, please contact us at
Student Peace Alliance Email List
One of the best ways to keep your chapter members up-to-date about Student Peace Alliance actions and events is to make sure they are signed up for the Student Peace Alliance Listserve. This page will sign people up to receive our e-mails.